Diana and Carlo's Wedding

Ever since I started my cake decorating hobby a couple years ago I gift family and friends my delectable works of arts.  This year,  August 31st I made my cousin Diana's wedding cake.  The cake resembles a giant rose.  The second tier was embellished with white candy pearls and topped with my handcrafted chibi Snowboarder Bride and Groom Golfer figurines.
The cake display

Carlo and Diana

Diana the Snowboarder Bride and
Carlo the Golfing Groom

Coffee Chiffon Cake.
Applied each fondant petal piece by piece.

Ube Cupacake with Sweetened Grated Coconut

Coffee Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream
and coffee shortbread flowers

Maple Carrot Cupcake with Cream Cheese Icing
and Candied Carrot Topping

Cupcake Toppings

COFFEE SHORTBREAD FLOWERS - Normally I make coffee cupcake with coffee buttercream but since my cousin wanted white icing on the cupcake I have no choice but to add a bit of coffee flavouring.  I wanted to the coffee to be present in every aspect of the cupcake so I topped the cupcake off with coffee shortbread flowers.  The coffee shortbread flowers balances out the coffee flavour in the cake.  To make coffee shortbread add finely ground 1 tablespoon instant coffee (process instant coffee granules in food processor) into the dry ingredients mixture then finish off recipe as per usual.
CANDIED CARROTS - I found this recipe online I just cannot recall the page.  Its a simple recipe that does not require baking.  What you need:
2 carrots peeled and shredded
1 cup sugar, divided
3/4 cups water

In a saucepan boil 3/4 cups sugar and water until sugar is melted.  Add carrots and let boil for 4 minutes.  Remove with slotted spoon and place in a separate bowl.  Toss in the remaining sugar ( add more sugar if you feel like it).  Let dry on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper overnight.  Try to separate as much carrot strips as you can so that very little carrots overlap each other.



Comments

Popular Posts