Sans Rival Sans Problem: I think I am getting the hang of it!

I still have  minor issues with the french buttercream frosting but I think I am getting the hang of it.  The buttercream didn't thicken up as fast as I wanted to.  My mixer was on it for a good hour.  I stopped my mixer for a few seconds just to cool it down for a bit I didn't want the thing to keel over.  After 1 1/2 hour of beating the buttercream is more light and a bit thicker yet not thick enough.  At this point I decided to leave it in the fridge overnight to let the butter solidify for a bit.

The next day I was so relieved that the buttercream has thickened up.  Maybe the egg yolk mixture was still be a bit too warm.  I think next time I will try to chill the egg yolk mixture a bit so that it is the same temperature as the softened  butter.  Its going to be better and better each time.

The lettering is chocolate royal icing laced with oreo cookie crumbs.

Set on top of similar sizes cake pad.  It can now be
handled safely.  For clean cashew application place the cake
on your left palm.  Sprinkle nuts on the side and top.  Make
sure you are doing this on top of a cookie baking sheet.

Comments

Popular Posts