Vasectomy Cake

Add caption
My friend asked me if I can make this cake.  I replied, "yah sure.  I made cupcake version before."  She went on and told me that its for a "Vasectomy Party".  I told her it was my first time hearing of a v party.  HAHAHAH.  We went on talking about the flavour of the cake.  I suggested red velvet.  She said,"Yes!  So it would look bloody!  Needless to say I had fun making this cake so here is how I made it.

I used "Joy of Baking" red velvet cake recipe found on their huge website called "Joy of Baking".  You will need 2 batches of red velvet cake.  One batch should fit in a 9" by 13" rectangular cake pan. Cool the cake for 3 hours in room temperature, wrap it plastic wrap and freeze for 24 hours.  The next day trim the dome off each layer and stack the cakes on top of each other.  The bottom cake layer should be right side up and the top cake layer should be upside down.  At this point we are just carving the cake so to keep it less messy fill the layers with icing after the cake is carved.  Then apply a thin coat of buttercream and chill for 1 hour.   Take it out of the fridge and then covered with skin coloured fondant.   Made a giant bandaid and place on cake.

Comments

Popular Posts